S-Lab UKSPA Conference: Research, Translation Innovation and Learning
Date: 9th September 2019
Venue: Norwich Research Park, Quadram Institute and the University of East Anglia John Innes Conference Centre
Co-organised by S-Lab and the UK Science Park Association with free tickets for HE and research institute staff, and UKSPA members. The conference offers:
• Many sessions on, and tours of Norwich Research Park and the new Quadram Institute (opened a few months ago), plus the University of East Anglia’s Bob Champion and New Science Buildings.
• Designing and operating facilities for successful translational research, with Glasgow and Norwich cases, discussion sessions and launch of an UKSPA special interest group on the topic.
• Also effective design and use of space for collaborative and flexible working; technical careers in research settings; containment and ventilation; and sustainable labs.
Attendance will be especially valuable for:
• Managers, developers and investors, and other professionals providing locations and assistance for science-based innovation and translation by providing examples of good practice, networking opportunities with a variety of stakeholders and insight into the latest research and trends.
• Owners, designers, users of, and collaborators with, translational research facilities by highlighting and discussing key issues, e.g. design and operation to encourage continuous cross-disciplinary and cross-organisational collaboration, creativity and partnership; embedding business within translational settings; and achieving effective governance of multi-stakeholder arrangements.
• Clients for science-based buildings by providing detailed presentations on, tours of, and opportunities to meet peers and all the main consultants and suppliers involved in the Quadrum Institute development, as well as opportunities to view two University of East Anglia science buildings.
• Operations directors, technical support staff, estates and facilities staff, equipment and service suppliers, and others concerned with the design, management and operation of research, innovation and learning spaces.
• Those implementing or considering the Science Council’s Technician Commitment.
Read the latest flyer with the full programme for the event here: