Associate Professor in Data Analytics / Performance Analysis
*this post is now closed*
Location: Edinburgh Napier
Faculty / Function: Department of Applied Science
Salary: £51,034 – £59,135 (Grade 7) a year
Closing Date: Wednesday 13th January 2021
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contracted Hours per week: 37 hours/week
As the #1 Modern University in Scotland, Edinburgh Napier University’s School of Applied Sciences offers our students an experience beyond the classroom. Based in the heart of Scotland’s historic and culturally rich capital city, we encourage student development through personalised learning and our strong links within industry.
At the School of Applied Sciences putting theory into practice is our guiding ethos, using science to help you make a difference. Our £60Million, purpose-built science and health campus in Sighthill houses a full range of cutting-edge facilities where staff, students and researchers tackle global and local issues affecting health, society and the environment.
You will contribute to undergraduate teaching in; Sport and Exercise Science, Sports Coaching and Physical Activity and Health and for post-graduate teaching our MSc Sport Performance Enhancement MSc Clinical Exercise Science and supervise research degrees. You will provide leadership to students and colleagues with a blend of face to face and online support.
Who we are looking for
You will have a strong academic background in research methods and data analysis or applied practise expertise in sport and exercise science. Ideally your area of expertise will complement our research giving you the ability to contribute in key areas within the subject group – mountain biking, sports coaching, talent development environment, sports officiating and clinical exercise science.
- A doctoral level qualification in the relevant or equivalent applied expertise.
- Evidence of a professional academic and research profile alongside a commitment to sustained continuous professional/academic development.
- Sufficient breadth and depth of experience in one or more of the areas mentioned above to influence and lead the development of high quality teaching/learning and research programmes
- Demonstrable evidence of a teaching specialisation.
- Commitment to deliver and provide leadership of face to face, blended, and online teaching for both on-campus and off-campus delivery
- Demonstrate a level of achievement appropriate to the post being applied for, including national and international standing, research track record of high quality outputs, external income generation, and academic leadership.
- Strong influencing, leadership and people management skills