*this post is now closed*
Faculty / Function: Department of Biology
Salary: From £25,941 – £31,866
Closing Date: Monday 11 January 2021
Contract Type: 1 year and 3 months, Fixed term
Contracted Hours per week: 37 hours/week
York is one of the most successful universities in the UK. With world-class activity across the spectrum from the physical sciences, life sciences, and social sciences to the humanities, we have been recognised as one of the top 100 universities in the world, gaining outstanding results in official assessments of our research and teaching.
Department of Biology
A research technician position is available to support research on the molecular genetics and biochemistry of the protozoan parasite Leishmania and its interaction with the host. This post is funded by a Wellcome Trust Investigator Award.
- To conduct parasitology research on murine experimental leishmaniasis, collecting and analysing research data from genetic manipulation experiments and animal infections, under the supervision of others
- To maintain records of experimental data and for laboratory management purposes
- To work independently and as part of a team
- To be compliant with all regulations pertaining to work with pathogens and animals
- Prepare written summaries of the research activities undertaken; communicate and make presentations within the research group, at meetings, and other recognised avenues as appropriate