Technical Specialist (Visual Effects and Design)
*this post is now closed*
Location: Canterbury (University of Kent)
Faculty / Function: Division of Computing, Engineering & Mathematical Science
Salary: £27,511 to £30,942 per annum
Closing Date: Sunday 28 February 2021
Contract Type: Permanent
Contracted Hours per week: Full Time
The Division of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences is looking to employ an experienced Technical Specialist with a focused specialism in Visual Effects and Design.
In this role you will work as part of a technical support team meeting the demands of current and emerging digital design technology tools and techniques. The role holder will provide technical support in the area of specialist computer-generated imagery, immersive, and interactive environments used in the digital creative industries. The role holder will be a technical specialist with a focus on overseeing all aspects of the 3D production pipeline, digital content creation, immersive technologies, and interactive applications.
The role of Technical Specialist helps to deliver timely and effective specialised research and teaching support to students, academic and research staff at all levels.
As Technical Specialist (Visual Effects & Design) you will:
- use in-depth technical knowledge, and experience to provide specialist support
- provide specialist technical support to end users utilising specialist software and equipment
- provide in class support to teaching activities. Undertake technician led teaching
- establish and maintain a safe and compliant working environment
To be successful in this role you will have:
- proven experience of working in a Technical support role
- experience of common digital visual effects techniques to support the development of interactive environments. Including animation and compositing
- comprehensive understanding of the key principles and techniques of pre-production including acquisition and production of still and moving images and how these can be used within a digital environment.
- extensive experience in 3D modelling and virtual reality software including Maya, Adobe After Effects, Unity and Unreal and Nuke
- extensive experience of common virtual reality hardware and software including Oculus, SteamVR
We particularly welcome applications from female and black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented at this level in this area