GOETEC Partnership Manager
*this post is now closed*
Location: University of Kent/Remote
Faculty / Function: GOETEC Consortium
Salary: £41,526 to £48,114 per annum pro rata
Closing Date: Thursday 22 April 2021
Contract Type: Permanent
Contracted Hours per week: 21 (Part-time)
We are seeking an experienced manager to join us as our GOETEC Partnership Manager. The GOETEC Consortium is a collaboration between the IT and Information Services (IS) professional teams at the University of Kent, University of Greenwich, Canterbury Christ Church University and the East Kent Colleges Group (EKC Group), together with Kent County Council Strategic Partnerships.
We are looking for an inclusive, creative and pro-active leader who is highly organised, an excellent communicator and able to work effectively in a complex environment. You will provide strategic and operational expertise to progress GOETEC’s aims. You will have a track record of successfully leading diverse professional support teams, with strong budget management and influencing skills. This role has previously been formally based at the Canterbury campus of the University of Kent, however this role would suit a home based person able to travel and work from the range of GOETEC member sites.
You will take leadership and direction from the GOETEC Board with general line management from the University of Kent’s Head of Business Development & Partnerships (HBDP) within Information Services.
You will ensure the wide area networking infrastructure that is managed by Kent Public Service Network (KPSN) and any private circuits that are commissioned are overseen, service level agreements monitored, members supported and relevant supplier organisations monitored. Secondly, to develop the partnership and collaborative opportunities through the relationships that exist as a result of the consortium existing.
As GOETEC Partnership Manager you will:
- Promote a thriving, skilled and effective IT/IS professional services community across the universities and colleges in Kent.
- Advocate for professional services IT/IS in tertiary education to the wider public, private sector and commercial communities in Kent.
- Represent tertiary education IT/IS professional services, both in the region and nationally, specifically including Jisc (UK), UCISA, Kent Public Service Network (KPSN), Kent Connects and other such partnerships.
- Contribute to wider developments such as KPSN and other regional strategies.
To succeed in this role you will:
- Have a first degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Have a successful track record of responsible roles, ideally in IT or a related discipline, plus experience of partnership working.
- Have significant experience of managing, bidding for and reporting on budgets over a number of planning cycles.
Part time 21 hours – FTE / 0.6 Grade 8: £41,526 – £48,114 per annum pro rata
This role is advertised as a part time position, however, through future developments, there may be an opportunity to expand the role. This will be discussed further at interview.