The Times Higher Education Awards are now open for submissions until 9th June 2021.
The Times Higher Education Awards have long been recognised as some of the most prestigious in the Higher Education Sector. In more recent years, these awards have included the THE Outstanding Technician of the Year Award, which is awarded to an individual whose exceptional practical skills, commitment and vision have enabled the highest quality teaching, research or knowledge transfer.
“The THE Awards are free to enter, and open to anyone involved in higher education across the UK and Ireland.
“The 2021 shortlist will be published on 9 September, and the winners will be revealed at what we very much hope will be an in-person ceremony in London on 25 November 2021.”
Submissions for the 2021 Outstanding Technician of the Year Award may address some or all of the following:
- A technician’s essential contribution to a project or ongoing piece of work. How was the impact evaluated?
- How the nominee works with academics, students and others to build a strong working environment in which all parties thrive.
- If innovations or efficiencies have been delivered, tell us how this has been done.
- Beyond the day-to-day role, has the nominee been involved in building a strong community of technicians within an institution, or undertaken other activities in line with the aims of the Technician Commitment?
- Does the nominee represent technical staff on institutional committees or boards? If so, explain how they have successfully brought the technician’s voice to its decision-making.