Technical Specialist (Engineering)
Location: Canterbury (University of Kent)
Faculty / Function: Division of Computing, Engineering & Mathematical Science
Salary: £27,511 to £30,942 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 23 July 2021
Contract Type: Permanent
Contracted Hours per week: Full Time
The Division of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences is looking to employ an experienced Technical Specialist with a focused specialism in Engineering.
In this role you will work as part of a technical support team providing a comprehensive, immediate and specialised support service for staff and students within the Division.
Using in depth technical skills, this hands-on role will have a strong focus providing specialist support in the area of robotic engineering. The role holder will provide specialist support across the division, providing technical training and setting technical standards. You will play an important role in advising and supporting the ongoing development of the Mechanical Engineering programmes as well as overseeing the associated facilities and equipment. Working alongside specialist technical colleagues you will be driven to provide the very best student and staff experience, always looking for opportunities to enhance the service.
As Technical Specialist (Engineering) you will:
- have experience working in specialist engineering workshops or laboratories , ensuring effective, safe and efficient use of resources whilst maintaining operational availability and service levels
- have experience in either the design or development of mechanical engineering systems/equipment
- have experience in one or more mechanical engineering fields such as robotics, automation, material testing or similar
- have knowledge of mechanical engineering design software
To be successful in this role you will have:
- proven experience of working in a Technical support role
- experience operating and maintaining complex technical equipment
- excellent working knowledge of safety regulations, legislation, and procedures. For example, Risk assessment, COSHH
We particularly welcome applications from female and black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented at this level in this area.