Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Technician
This vacancy is now closed.
Location: Leeds – Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Faculty of Engineering & Physical Sciences
School/Institute: EPS Faculty Offices
Category: Technical Support
Grade: Grade 5
Salary: £23,487 to £27,116 p.a.
Working Time: 35 hours per week
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Ongoing
Closing Date: Thursday 30 June 2022
Do you want to develop your skills as a qualified apprentice and help support our students and staff working within a team of electronic/electrical engineers? Are you looking for a new and varied challenge? We invite you to join us in supporting our in-house PCB design and manufacturing workshop that support our teaching and research activities across campus.
The University of Leeds is one of the top 100 universities in the world and you have the chance to work in one of the leading Engineering faculties in the country. With this opportunity, you will be able to develop and grow your skills in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Most of your time will be spent working as part of a team producing bespoke PCB boards under the guidance and support of the Electronics Services Manager. The other part will be general electronics support for the universities teaching and research equipment.
We are therefore looking for a qualified apprentice trained electrical/electronic engineering technician with the ability to design and manufacture printed Circuit boards to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
What we offer in return
- 25 days holiday plus 15.5 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s over 40 days a year!
- Final Salary pension – the University contributes 21.4% of salary
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!