Technical Support Manager
This post is now closed.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Faculty/Directorate: Faculty of Arts, Design and Social Sciences
Grade: Grade 7
Salary: £42,249 – £51,800
Contract Type: Permanent – Full Time
Closing Date: 10 July 2022
Within the Faculty of Arts, Design and Social Sciences we have an exciting opportunity for a qualified, experienced professional to manage our team of Technicians across the area of Arts.
Operating at a professional level, the role holder will be responsible for technical staff, technical resources, facilities, equipment and all users, providing expert guidance and specialist expertise in their area of work with a focus on exceptional working practices and health and safety.
The role holder will lead and manage a technical team to successfully deliver technical activity in support of learning, teaching, research and CPD introducing innovative techniques of delivery where appropriate.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of Departmental plans, organising, planning and prioritising own work activities, and the work of the team to ensure short, medium and long term objectives are met.
- Work with Heads of Department to plan the technical activity to meet the needs of the Faculty, ensuring that the service provides high levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Support the development of the technical team, ensuring succession planning and talent management, monitoring and managing performance and ensuring appropriate appraisal and development of all technical team members.
- Develop and maintain a specialist knowledge and expertise of own area of responsibility, keeping abreast of technical developments and providing leadership and guidance to others as appropriate.
- Develop, maintain and share a positive approach to Health and Safety management, ensuring all processes and procedures are effective and risk are suitably controlled
- Ensure the Technical Team is trained and equipped to advise, assist and instruct staff and students on the appropriate procedures for the operation, monitoring, maintenance, security and use of equipment and facilities.
This presents a fantastic opportunity to work with and continue the development of a team of committed and student focused Technicians.
For further information on the role please contact Andrew Bellamy, Assistant Director Faculty Operations: email@example.com.