Laboratory & Cleanroom Technician Apprentice
This post is now closed.
Training Provider: CSR Scientific Training Limited
Faculty / Function: Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering
Salary: £21,596 per annum
Grade: UCL AP1/Laboratory Technician Level 3
Closing Date: 01 August 2022
Contract Type: Full Time/Fixed Term 24 months
What will the apprentice be doing?
Prepare for laboratory tasks using the appropriate scientific techniques and methods:
- Organising and assisting with regular servicing of equipment and general maintenance (e.g., changing gas bottles).
Managing a detailed consumables and stocks records.
- Safe storage and disposal of chemicals.
- Monitoring booking and usage of wet laboratory facilities and equipment.
- Undertaking routine inspections in compliance with local and UCL wide health and safety policies and risk assessment protocols.
- Perform laboratory tasks following specified methodologies, such as SOPs.
- Providing cleanroom laboratory inductions and equipment training/mentoring for new staff, students, and visitors.
Other tasks: Microfabrication, Electronic assembly, taking routine measurements in long-term experiments, Computer aided design, Laser cutting and Silicone moulding.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
During the training, the apprentice will work towards a Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Standard (Level 3) and will gain a Level 3 BTEC in Applied Science with our training provider CSR Scientific Training. The apprentice will gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to become a Registered Science Technician (RSciTech)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be in a strong position to apply for other roles at UCL, and you can start applying for vacancies six months before the end of your apprenticeship.