Location: Leeds – Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Faculty of Engineering & Physical Sciences
School/Institute: School of Civil Engineering
Category: Technical Support
Grade: Grade 5
Salary: £23,487 to £27,116 p.a.
Working Time: 35 hours per week
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Ongoing
Closing Date: Sunday 21st August 2022
Are you a motivated individual with an interest to work in a range of analytical laboratory areas? Do you have proven experience of working in a materials or chemical laboratory, using a range of analytical characterisation techniques? Are you looking for a new and varied challenge as part of one of the leading Engineering Schools in the country?
We are looking for a professional, enthusiastic, and motivated individual with the ability to work alone and as part of a team of analytical technicians. Communicative, organised, flexible and committed, you will have a can-do attitude in helping both academic and research staff, as well as students in ensuring the smooth running of the laboratory and research activities.
Your role will support the research and practical teaching activities of the Materials and Structures Group and the UKCRIC Centre for Infrastructure Materials, which count with new and specialised facilities for the microstructural characterisation and ageing of a range of construction materials. You will also support the School of Civil Engineering technical activities, in line with the current strategic organisation and development of technical services in the School.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and co-ordination of the laboratories, and for liaising with a range of people, including teaching and research staff, students and other technicians.
You will also assist in the management and running of the Sample Preparation Laboratory, containing a suite of equipment designed to process a diverse type of materials to a range of particle sizes, under the direction of the Lead Technician.
We are open to discussing flexible working arrangements.
What we offer in return
- 25 days holiday plus 15.5 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s over 40 days a year!
- Pension schemes with a generous contribution from the University.
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!