Faculty/Directorate: Computer Science
Grade: Grade 4
Salary: £24,285 – £27,131 a year
Contract Type: Open – Full Time
Closing Date: 28 September 2022
The Department of Computer Science provides computing infrastructure, laboratories and facilities which underpin its world-class teaching and research. The post holder will help to provide day-to-day support of the two hardware laboratories used for the teaching of Computer Science students plus several research laboratories used by the research groups of the department. This will include assisting and providing help and advice to researchers, students and staff on the use of specific hardware and software plus the various techniques used within the laboratories, and aiding in the development of equipment, and methods for these laboratories. This will also include sourcing, configuring, installing and preparing equipment for practical laboratory sessions and consulting with academic staff and others to meet specific teaching and research requirements.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience needed
- Knowledge of relevant safety regulations and procedures
- Understanding of how a computer science laboratory operates
- Able to perform practical tasks to a consistently high standard with excellent attention to detail
- Able to solve routine problems using their own initiative
- Provide technical advice in relation to use of laboratories, facilities and equipment including assisting in the design and building of prototype equipment for the laboratory
Interview date: To be confirmed
For informal enquiries: please contact Pete Cooper – firstname.lastname@example.org
The University strives to be diverse and inclusive – a place where we can ALL be ourselves.
We particularly encourage applications from people who identify as Black, Asian or from a Minority Ethnic background, who are underrepresented at the University.
We offer family friendly, flexible working arrangements, with forums and inclusive facilities to support our staff. #EqualityatYork