Hub Technician (Teaching Laboratory)
Location: Leeds – Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Faculty of Engineering & Physical Sciences
School/Institute: School of Chemistry
Category: Technical Support
Grade: Grade 3
Salary: £19,578 to £20,761 p.a.
Working Time: 35 hours per week
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Ongoing
Closing Date: Sunday 30th October
Are you looking for a career in a leading science department? Would you like to work in a team that delivers an effective and professional service in support of the School’s commitment to excellence in learning, teaching and research?
We are looking for a professional and proactive individual to support our busy School. This role is split between our Hub service (40%) and Teaching Laboratories (60%) in the School of Chemistry. Working in the Hub, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality counter service to staff and students, whilst enabling the operation of the school by managing deliveries, ordering equipment and undertaking administrative processes, such as goods receipting and maintaining audit documents. You will also provide general technical support to the laboratories including the preparation, dispensing and delivery of chemicals and specialist equipment and the disposal of waste. In addition, the role will be based in our busy teaching laboratories on 3 days each week. As part of the technical team you will support chemistry practical teaching labs, preparing materials for lab sessions, managing stock levels of chemicals, consumables and equipment, promoting Health and Safety in the laboratories and providing general support to our students.
The role presents an exciting opportunity for an individual with a strong customer focus and professional attitude to join a leading science department in a University which has recently been ranked in the top 100 in the world.
What we offer in return
- 26 days holiday plus approx.16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s 42 days a year!
- Generous pension scheme options plus life assurance
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Peter Thompson, Technical Services Manager
Tel: +44 (0) 113 343 2471 or email: P.R.Thompson@leeds.ac.uk