Position: Full-time, permanent
We strongly believe in building a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment where ideas can flow. We are assembling an exceptional and diverse team of biologists, computer engineers, bioinformaticians, immunologists, and visionaries to push the boundaries.
What brings us together as a team are our core values: commitment to each other, enthusiasm for learning and growing together, and a desire to use innovation as a way to improve the world.
Who are we
Baseimmune is discovery stage biotech start-up developing universal vaccines with variant-proof antigens. The technology is based on a platform that uses big-data analysis of genomic and epidemiological data to design multi-strain antigens for universal vaccines. We are a London based start-up backed by leading investors from Europe and the US.
Our pipeline includes the development of potentially life-saving human and veterinary vaccines against important unmet medical needs.
Find out more about us: Q&A – Who are we
You’ll be joining a rapidly expanding team located at the London Bioscience Innovation Centre in King’s Cross, London. The position provides the opportunity to work with a fresh biotech lab at the start of its journey with the potential to have a real impact.
As lab technician, you’ll be responsible for day-to-day support of the R&D workflows, management of lab databases, and supporting work with in vivo models. In addition to supporting the lab team, you’ll be working closely with the laboratory manager to maintain consumable stocks, support with ordering and managing deliveries of goods.
- Support the molecular biology team with experiments, including DNA handling and PCR, using molecular biology kits, and maintenance of cell cultures
- Management of lab databases
- Maintenance of stocks and consumables in the lab
- Support with consumables ordering, and deliveries of goods
- Support with health & safety in the lab
- Support work on in vivo models for preclinical evaluation of candidate vaccines
- A Master’s degree in life sciences, or a BSc in life sciences plus equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in the role in a biosafety level II lab
- Experience in laboratory techniques such as molecular biology, in vitro culture, ex vivo applications and assay development
- A can-do attitude with excellent attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- You require a right to work in UK (we cannot provide sponsorship for visas at this time)
- Experience in industry or biotech
- Home Office PIL A/B
- Experience with immunogenicity experiments, such as ELISpots and ELISAs
- Experience with procurement systems
- Competitive starting salary
- Central London location for lab and office
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension plan
- Share scheme
- Team socials
To apply, submit you CV and a cover letter highlighting your expertise that makes you suitable for this role and why you want to join Baseimmune.