CAD/CAM Manufacturing Technician
Location: Leeds – Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Faculty of Engineering & Physical Sciences
Salary: £28,762 to £34,308 p.a.
Contract: Full Time Ongoing
Closing Date: 13th February 2023
Are you looking for a challenging and varied manufacturing role, machining one-off bespoke components in a research and development environment? Do you have experience of CAM programming using fusion or NX software?
We are looking for a hands-on manufacturing engineer that can plan, program and manufacture complex parts to high accuracy, utilising our suite of high spec CNC machines.
Based in the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences Workshop, within the Mechanical Engineering department; you will provide manufacturing support in this busy facility. This primarily involves CNC programming, setting and operating to manufacture components to high quality specifications. You will work within a small team of manufacturing engineers producing components from 3D models/drawings supplied by research groups.
We are open to discussing flexible working arrangements.
What we offer in return
- 26 days holiday plus approx.16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s 42 days a year!
- Generous pension scheme options plus life assurance.
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Graham Brown, Integrated Mechanical Workshop Manager
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 8264 or email: G.Brown@leeds.ac.uk