Technical Officer (Fashion Technology & Innovation)
Location: Manchester All Saints Campus
Faculty: Arts and Humanities
Salary: Grade 6 (£28,929 to £32,411)
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: 25 May 2023
Manchester Metropolitan University delivers real-world impact locally, nationally, and internationally with a driving ambition to discover and disseminate knowledge and make higher education accessible and beneficial to anyone with the passion and ability to succeed. By joining Technical Services, you will be part of a vibrant community strategically developing its services to meet the needs of a university fit for the future. Technicians work collaboratively to ensure the university functions efficiently, supporting students, staff, and research that continues to improve the student experience.
This exciting new role has arisen, to join the technical team within Manchester Fashion Institute as a Technical Officer on the Fashion Technical team.
- Be part of the talented skilled team that specialise in supporting students and staff in specialist spaces, studios, and laboratories. Working in exciting environments in the form of studio taught sessions, advice, inductions, demonstrations, 1:1, s, groups, and drop-ins.
- Share expertise and knowledge of Industry standard garment construction techniques as well as non-sew technology, using and demonstrating a variety of specialist industrial machinery to assist teaching and learning.
- Problem-solve student manual/digital pattern cutting concepts and developments, including 3D software innovations and scanners.
- Be digitally creative using Adobe Creative Suite & fashion related software to support students with assignments and projects.
- Ensure a health and safety environment for students and staff using best practise protocols for creativity and innovation.
Have you got comparable experience working in a similar environment where your passion for fashion is demonstrated. Additionally, you will possess a positive agile approach to your work, be reliable, punctual, motivated, and willing to undertake all necessary training and requests for professional growth and development. You will work autonomously and function as part of a team to support research and enterprise activity, plus deliver excellent customer service with competent communication and interpersonal skills.
How to apply
If this role is for you, please upload a covering letter and your CV, detailing how your experience meets the essential criteria specified in the attached Job Description
If you would like more information about this post please contact Marie Slater, Technical Manager Fashion firstname.lastname@example.org
Manchester Metropolitan University is committed to supporting the rights, responsibilities, dignity, health and wellbeing of staff and students through our commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion.
We promote applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of background, belief, or identity, recognising the benefits that a diverse organisation can bring and particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in the University workforce.
We recognise the benefits and importance of an environment that supports flexible working and are open to conversations about this, as well as any reasonable adjustments required throughout the application process.